BLUR

Monday, June 19, 2006

Reading the book

I did something stupid. I asked my dad to send me books. I tried reading them. I honestly did and every time I open them I decide that I’ll atleast try and read a significant amount so I could atleast talk to him about it when he calls but I have so many more interesting fun books that philosophy doesn’t completely appeal to me. He mails me almost everyday and we speak atleast twice a week, we rarely run out of topics but sometimes we do and he’s suddenly asking me how I found that book he sent last month. Oh GOD I know im going to have to read it one of these days and Im going to hell otherwise.

Just to make sure I don’t forget about it, I left it right next to my bed, every morning when I wake up, I see that book staring at me like a puppy on a chilly December morning, begging me to take it into my arms and cover it with my blanky. Damn that book. Did anyone read Fountain Head – Ayn Rand??? Can you tell me something about it??? Something that makes it sound like I read it and all….

Why do I keep getting myself into there things??? uggggh

6 Comments:

  • Awwww. The fountainhead.

    Let me tell you what its all about. When people said that "The pen is mighter than the sword", I always thought that the people who said that never held a sword or dint know how to use it. But reading this book made me realise the power of the pen.
    If there was a book that ever influenced my thinking it was The fountainhead, the other being Catcher in the ryee.:). but lets not digress.
    The Fountainhead is not a story which I tell you and then you can discuss on it. Its an idea, a very powerful one at that. And it stays with you, atleast untill reality eventually dulls those utopian ideals.
    So finally what I am saying is that you should read that book from the line that describes Howard Roark naked on a cliff till the every end.Its a very engaging book and maybe you will find the way I read it easier, one single stretch of 8 hours. I woke up one sunday when I was in college, dint even get out of the bed to brush, took the book and started reading it where I left off the previous night till I finished it in the evening. And I enjoyed every minute of the day. One of the best sundays ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 AM  

  • ahem.
    i told you so no?
    pain it is, ayn rand books. soooo much patience you need for it, its not even funny.
    bheja fry boleto that only. atleast you get to read fountainhead. that's like.. readable. i had to read atlas shrugged. i did finish it in one long sitting, but faaack! what a pain!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 AM  

  • Thats great Sita, You finished Atlas Shrugged. I couldnt manage to do that, set it aside after about 100 pages I think. Dint find John Galt as inspiring as Howard Roark.

    Yup, I do agree with the Bheja Fry but its a good kinda fry.:) ENJOY.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

  • left ya offliners. mail me. or something.

    By Blogger Sita, at 12:22 PM  

  • reality: read "can u keep a secret" by sophie kinsella :-p

    now thats the kinda book i like, scratch that i LOVE that book. Its not gonna come even remotely close to making your brain think but it is so funnyy you'd just die laughing.

    dont let anyone see you with a pink colored book though :)

    thanks for that foutnain head info--i do wanna read it now

    sita: thanks for the update ma, u can kill yourself and save me the trouble. thank you very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

  • fountainhead.
    how the fuck dya expect us to tell you what its about????
    it aint a harry potter that u can say is about a confused asshole with a wand. fountainhead is filled with deep philosophy. most of the characters in the book are unrealistic, but just so that you dont feel left out in discussions related to fountainhead, just say that, "peter keating's character is the closest to reality"

    By Blogger Rishabh Kaul, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home