BLUR

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shashi

Shashi- This word was invented by a friend of mine.
Since most of you read my blog on regular basis and I’m writing often this summer, I think its imperative that you understand the true meaning of ‘shashi’ because that will help me write better than I am now.

For starters, Any man/woman/girl/boy (or whatever) can be called a shashi, to emphasize that the shashi I could be referring to, I would say

Shashi Kanth for a boy and Shashi Kala for a girl, but normally I’d just say Shashi.

I will now give you several different examples of shashi.

How would someone qualify to be a shashi?


(1)
First day of college, you walk into your class and you look at the boys and girls (since I had to go sit on the girls side) I walked by the first, second, third, fourth row and sat on the fifth bench next to short&stinky. She introduced herself and so did I. As the class progressed I realized that I shouldn’t be sitting next to her because- She had a cold (I don’t have anything against sick people but) she took out her little kleenex or tissue paper or whatever the hell its called and blew her nose into it making a loud obnoxious noise (now I don’t mind this either,you gotta do what you gotta do, but) then she carefully retracted the stuffing in her nose out and opened her tissue paper and started into the green stuff. I was dangerously close to throwing up.---This would be an excellent example of a ‘shashi’

(2) You meet people all the time (unless you’re a sociopath and you prefer interacting online than in person which make kinda pathetic) and sometimes you are forced to speak in English although you are sure that the other person has no knowledge whatsoever. How a person speaks in English can be a very effective tool to identify a ‘shashi’

--- Normal people say Pants= while shahis say fants (this person can be considered shashi inside out)

---Governament (Gov-ment) = gov-ar-na-ment (Cmon which school are you from?)

---social=shoshal (I felt like slapping the girls who said that.)

---your=youver (learn shashi learn )

Well there are millions more but you get the point.

(3) How a person dresses also helps identify a shashi clearly. Now, your going to a freaking pub, how about letting go of those pre historic great grandmothers gold anklets eh?

(4) I’m not entirely sure how to identify if a guy is shashi at all times but I can definitely point a shashi among girls.

---When you see a girl wearing Wooden heels of ANY kind, gentlemen, you’ve got yourself a shashi.

--If you see a girl with 2 pony tails (on a regular basis) -------*drum rolls* shashi

--If you see a girl with oiled hair in your classroom------------shashi

--If you see a girl with oiled hair and you think theres nothing wrong with the coconut oil stink coming out of her and filling in the classroom then you my dear dear friend are qualified to be a shashi yourself!

-- If you see a girl driving a luna (I don’t know that exactly its called)------shashi

--If you see a girl in half-saree in your college on regular college days----I will bet my life on it that she’ll qualify as a shashi.

Now Im hoping ‘shasi’ has gotten through to you. If you’ve read this whole post and thought that I’m talking crap and all this doesn’t necessarily mean that a person is some what geeky/shashi then You are undoubtedly qualified to become a ‘lalli’ which happened to be a notch above a shashi.

7 Comments:

  • I guess I almost qualified to be a "shashi". Not because I do any of the things you mentioned but coz I really dont find many of them odd. except the staring into the the phlegm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • And I almost forgot,, How is the movie?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • Ok. Blur is a Shashi (also a shahi and a shasi). Before condoning them, do something about your typos.

    Blur the Shashi. Ah. Music to the ears.

    ***Ducks to avoid contact with roadroller thrown by blur the shashi****

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 AM  

  • crapper: u come online re, i'l murder you. deal with my typos, they'l be there FOREVER. If you are so bloody obsessed with them, then I'l give you my password, you can sit and correct them all day long.ok

    reality: now Im scared to meet you :-p

    movie was fine, a bit of a let down though, I guess I had high expectations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

  • Your comment remined me of some dialogue in a movie,, cant remember which one.

    It is " Be Scared. Be very scared."
    any idea?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • sorry the actual dialogue goes something like "Be afraid. Be very afraid." I think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM  

  • so basically what u're saying is that shashi is a behenji?
    and btw u thought shashi was only for boys and girls?
    our school(bvb) adopted this maquaque(is that the right spelling), anyways, its a stoopid ape, and they named him shashi. and when i once went to the zoo, and saw him, he was like crap, didnt do much, just sat there.

    By Blogger Rishabh Kaul, at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home