BLUR

Friday, January 20, 2006

Low wages


I'm here in this country on a student visa, which means I canNOT work anywhere except on-campus or in other places if it was relating to my Major. On-campus= liabrary or computer lab, I am so NOT working in the caffeteria. Off-campus, related to my Major, who the hell is gonna give ME a job eh?

Visa Rules suck, BIG TIME. I found something online that I would like to share with you people.

This was on radio:

A guest host was conducting an interview with the lawyer filing a class action law suit against WalMart--the world's largest retailer--alleging that WalMart cheated thousands of immigrant janitors out of wages. The host argued that the janitors didn't deserve to get paid the same wage as Americans because they were illegal immigrants and shouldn't have been in America in the first place.

Some guy somewhere got pissed off and he called in and this is how the conversation went:

Host :"Hello, you're on the air."

someguy: "Yes, I'm calling to side with the lawyer."

Host:"Why?"
someguy:"Because saying that an illegal immigrant doesn't deserve to be paid the same wages as an American because he doesn't belong here in the first place is like saying that a person trapped in a well shouldn't be saved because he shouldn't have been playing around the well in the first place."

Host (pause)
"Yeah... that's a good point."

Image hosting by Photobucket


I wanna find that lawyer and kick his butt.

3 Comments:

  • Your post was BLURRY... Didn't get it... Seriously.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 AM  

  • which part of it did u not get?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • The guy sides with the lawyer... That's fine... But is the lawyer actually defending immigrants? That's what I understood... If so, why'dyu wanna kick his butt?

    And what's the analogy between the well and the immigrant...?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home